Thursday 16 August 2012

Keep calm and eat cake!!

Since becoming a mum i have discovered a passion for baking! after a session with my mum showing me the basics and making fairy cakes i have had plenty of practice and thoroughly enjoy.. Really gets my creative side going. I love the variety with making cakes and decorating, so many options, colours, flavours and everyone loves a bit of cake, so whenever i make a batch up just for fun, i will share it around my neighbours who are actually family living in the 2 houses next door and love making a special occasion cake for someone.
 Here are a few of my cake creations for your perusal



My first fondant occasion cake (ok thats a lie not my first fondant attempt which was a complete nightmare full of rips and nail marks!! 8-{ ) very happy with this one though i made this for my daughters christening a victoria spong cake with pink fondant icing vanilla cupcakes to match with strawberry buttercream and butterflys :)



Here is a batch i made up a mixture of chocolate and vanilla for one of my godmothers who sadly has now passed away .. she used to love it when i made lots of pretty cupcakes and sent them over to her when my mum visited, i do miss making them for her but will now start making some pretty batches and sending them over to my friends nan who has recently lost her husband bless her my friend cares for her full time and i thought it would be a nice gesture to send some over for her now and put a smile on an the lovely ladies face :)


This cake was a bit of a disaster really but not bad i guess for a first attempt .. i made this for my husbands birthday a few years back its meant to be a turntable!! lol he loves his mixing and always up in attic on his decks which has been a passion of his since a young teenager and still going strong :D




This Tinkerbell cake i made for my niece on her 11th birthday she loves tinkerbell i covered the cake in fondant icing as a base then made a tinkerbell out of piped buttercream


A chocolate chess set cake which i made for my uncles birthday i made the game pieces out of moulded chocolate which was fun


This being one of my better ones which i made for my auntie in laws 50th birthday party i would love the opportunity to do a lot more like this so lovely to see peoples faces when they receive their lovely cakes!


My sons colourful chocolatey 3rd birthday cake!



These vanilla sponge & vanilla & strawberry buttercream cupcakes were made for a friends daughters 5th birthday party!


A diva character cake i made for a lady handbags and stillettos..this was most fun actually making the diva lady in the martini glass myself.. so glamorous i was actually quite sad to see her go!


A Giant cupcake birthday cake for my sister in law! very girly and fun chocolate vanilla and strawberry mmmmm



And finally these vintage inspired cupcakes and fondant cake i made for my own 30th birthday party!
as you can see they are mostly amateur as i have not been baking cakes for more than a year but i absolute love it i have just the other day made a batch of chocolate cupcakes for my sis and bro in laws 18th anniversary i have a giant chocolate and vanilla cupcake and mini cupcakes to make for my best friends 30th birthday tomorrow and then a christening cake for my cousins baby girl which i am very much looking forward to designing and making :)

Thank you for reading
xx




2 comments:

  1. Your cakes are brilliant! I would love to be able to make cakes like these :)
    Vanessa
    x
    http://nessi1988.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. For a self described "amateur", your creations are absolutely terrific - I'd have never guessed you'd only been at this scrumptious art for a short time had you not said anything.


    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete